Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Everyday Food September 2005.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus more for pan
- 2 cups flour, plus more for pan
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, coarsely grated (about 1 medium)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brush a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with oil and dust with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, milk, and eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, Parmesan, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix in zucchini, then egg mixture until just moistened (batter will be very thick).
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; press in gently.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes (tent with foil if loaf starts to brown too quickly).
- Cool 15 minutes in pan; turn out loaf onto a rack to cool completely.