Recipe by Manami
From " Jewish Cooking in America" : this is a light, crispy, creamy tasting latke that is great with sour cream or applesauce.
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb russet potato, peeled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup matzo meal
- 2 medium eggs
- peanut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the zucchini and potatoes and toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Squeeze the zucchini and potatoes through towels or a sieve.
- It is imperative that you get almost all the moisture out of the vegetables.
- Add the scallions, cheese, garlic, 1/2 cup of the parsley, salt and pepper, sugar, matzo meal, and eggs and toss to make sure that the ingredients are well mixed.
- Heat a 1/2 inch of peanut oil in a pan until hot and add thin silver dollar-size pancakes, frying over high heat until golden brown and crispy.
- When serving, sprinkle with a little more salt and the remaining chopped parsley.