Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
From " Jewish Cooking in America" : this is a light, crispy, creamy tasting latke that is great with sour cream or applesauce.
- Grate the zucchini and potatoes and toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Squeeze the zucchini and potatoes through towels or a sieve.
- It is imperative that you get almost all the moisture out of the vegetables.
- Add the scallions, cheese, garlic, 1/2 cup of the parsley, salt and pepper, sugar, matzo meal, and eggs and toss to make sure that the ingredients are well mixed.
- Heat a 1/2 inch of peanut oil in a pan until hot and add thin silver dollar-size pancakes, frying over high heat until golden brown and crispy.
- When serving, sprinkle with a little more salt and the remaining chopped parsley.