Recipe by Skypoodle
A low calorie, South Beach Diet friendly recipe. I like this as a substitute for french fries.
- 1 lb zucchini (about 2 medium-sized) or 1 lb squash (about 2 medium-sized)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh (heaping)
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.
- Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
- In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
- Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.
- Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is).