Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Food network show Healthy Appetites with Ellie Krieger. Weight watchers points per serving 2
- cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (3/4-ounce)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
- serving size, 1/2 cup.
Great crispy zucchini chips! So easy to make and just delicious. Great as is, or dipped in a little ranch dressing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These are so good and very addicting! I used garlic and herb breadcrumbs. My zucchini were on the small side so they were done in about 20 minutes. I made sure to gently press the zucchini into the breadcrumb mixture so they were evenly coated. I flipped them once during cooking. They were gone in about 10 minutes. I am sorry I did not make more. But there is always tomorrow! Thanks!
Wow wow wow wow WOW!!! I wish I could give these more than 5 stars. My family LOVED these crisps. I love that they are NOT fried but baked so they are so much more healthier. The coating is perfect and has a nice flavor. Instead of separate salt and pepper I just used a sea salt, garlic, pepper blend but that was the only change. I will be making these very often as everyone loved them to pieces! Thanks so much for sharing this gem!!! Made for the Pick A Chef Event Spring 2009.