This is for all of you "eggplant parmesan" people! And especially for those of you with an abundance of garden fresh zucchini to use up, like myself! This is delicious! I like it even better than eggplant parm now and I didn't think that were possible! And even my husband who does not like eggplant loved this!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dip zucchini slices in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture and bake on cookie sheets drizzled with olive oil until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes on each side.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Put one layer of"breaded" zucchini slices on top and coat with more sauce and a generous sprinkling of both cheeses.
- Repeat this procedure to use up all the zucchini.
- Cover with tin foil and bake approximately 30 minutes or until top layer of cheese is melted at 375 degrees.
This is a really great recipe. I loved it and My DH really liked it, too. We had an abundance of tomatoes and made our own homemade spaghetti sauce, which I think added even more flavor. Like others, I did not remove the skin of the zucchini. I will definitely make this dish again next year. Thank you!
Absolutely delicious!! And super easy (which is a huge plus for me), since I stay busy with 2 kids, school, etc. I didn't realize we were out of breadcrumbs until I started prepping this dish, so I had to improvise and use crushed up saltines instead of breadcrumbs- did not effect the taste at all! Yum. Thank you for a wonderfully easy and delicious dish.
This is truly outstanding! I didn't peel the zucchini and used my own marinara sauce. I did find the directions a bit confusing though. Step 1 says to preheat oven to 425 and step 6 says to bake at 375 degrees - it would be clearer if the directions stated to decrease oven temperature after step 2. All in all everyone really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing your recipe!