Recipe by Smabbey
This is for all of you "eggplant parmesan" people! And especially for those of you with an abundance of garden fresh zucchini to use up, like myself! This is delicious! I like it even better than eggplant parm now and I didn't think that were possible! And even my husband who does not like eggplant loved this!
Top Review by Skooch
This is truly outstanding! I didn't peel the zucchini and used my own marinara sauce. I did find the directions a bit confusing though. Step 1 says to preheat oven to 425 and step 6 says to bake at 375 degrees - it would be clearer if the directions stated to decrease oven temperature after step 2. All in all everyone really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 226.79 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 709.77-946.36 ml of your favorite marinara sauce
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dip zucchini slices in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture and bake on cookie sheets drizzled with olive oil until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes on each side.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Put one layer of"breaded" zucchini slices on top and coat with more sauce and a generous sprinkling of both cheeses.
- Repeat this procedure to use up all the zucchini.
- Cover with tin foil and bake approximately 30 minutes or until top layer of cheese is melted at 375 degrees.