Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Must have large frying pan.
- Slice zucchini 1/4 slices.
- Melt butter in pan according to taste.
- Add zucchini and cover each slice with lemon pepper, garlic& parmesan.
- Flip over and let cook until browned approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat on other side.
- Small tip- wipe out frying pan between batches, to avoid to much blackening.
My wife and I really don't like zucchini, but she was craving zucchini so I thought we 'd try this... and it rocks! We loved this dish and have now put it down as one of our favorites. I did use some garlic salt in place of the garlic and it worked well. Next time I'm going to try something lower fat than the butter for frying to see if we can't make them a little healthier.
These were great! I loved the texture. I used red pepper flakes instead of lemon pepper, also. Quick to prepare and yummy--perfect side dish!
This was kind of like eggplant parmesan without the spagetti sauce. Very good. I used a 6 pepper blend instead of lemon pepper (my husband hates lemon except in desserts and drinks), powdered garlic and reduced fat grated parmesan cheese. I had a hugh zucchini (4" x 14") that I sliced 1/4 inch thick, put the seasonings on it, sprayed it with olive oil pam and then put the seasoning side down in the non-stick pan also sprayed with pam. While that side cooked I put the seasonings on the other side, then flipped it. I also covered it the last minute or two on the second side to soften it up a little (since my zucchini was so big). Very good!