Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great as a side or appetizer, this dish is a summer favorite my mom used to make when we were kids. An excellent addition to a pasta dinner.
- 3 zucchini (approx 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- Cut zucchini into slices (1/4 inch thick) diagonally.
- Dip one side only into melted butter, then parmesan, coating well.
- Place into greased pan, cheese side up.
- Sprinkle with salt and basil.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat for about 8 minutes until crispy.
I liked this - I REALLY liked this and so did everyone else. It was made as a side dish for grilled steak, but we couldn't keep our hands off. My sugggestion is to be sure and use the fresh grated parmesean cheese as opposed to the powdered stuff in a box - the taste is definitely worth the extra effort. Great recipe - thanks for posting!
Quick, easy and delicious. I used olive oil instead of melted butter. Thank you Midwest Sunshine. I will be making this again.
Wow! What a great treat for so little effort! I even sliced my zucchini lengthwise to save time. I will be making these again and again this summer. Thanks for sharing a childhood memory!