A fancy and fun way to dress up zucchini! You could leave out the salmon and make it vegetarian. Good either way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 large idaho potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and cut into julienned strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 1To make sauce: In a ceramic or plastic bowl, combine all ingredients, cover, and chill.
- 2(If you are making sauce in advance, add lemon juice just before serving, or yogurt will separate).
- 3To make the pancakes: Grate zucchini and potatoes on the large hole side of a hand held box grater or in a food processor fitted with shredding disk.
- 4Put the grated vegs in a bowl and add onion, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 5Preheat oven to 300*.
- 6In a 7 1/2" nonstick omelet pan, heat 1 teaspoons of the veg. oil together with 1/4 teaspoons of melted butter over med. high heat until hot.
- 7Pour 3/4 cup of the grated vegs. and spread mixture to the edges of pan, pressing down firmly with a rubber spatula to form a pancake about 1/4" thick.
- 8Cook about 3 mins., until edges begin to brown.
- 9Gently lift pancake with the spatula to check underside. If deep golden brown in color turn or flip the pancake and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, until golden.
- 10Remove pancake to paper towel to drain, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- 11Place in oven to keep warm.
- 12Make more pancakes in same manner (add 1 teaspoons of oil and a bit of butter for each one).
- 13To serve, put a generous 1/4 cup of greens on 6 salad plates.
- 14Spread each pancake with 2 tbls. yogurt dill sauce, then put pancake on greens.
- 15Arrange 2 slices of salmon on top.
- 16Garnish with chives, lemon slices, pepper.
- 17Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pancakes With Yogurt Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 504.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: