Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to use up that abundance of zucchini your garden produces every summer. They're great served with any grilled meat and some summer sliced tomatoes. Even my boys, who didn't like zucchini at the time, liked these, especailly with a slight drizzle of maple syrup!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Grate zucchini;squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder,salt and pepper; stir in zucchini and onion.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop in spoonfuls of batter to make 3-inch pancakes.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until browned, turning once. Repeat with remaining butter,oil, and batter.
Thanks for this great recipe! I got a lot of zucchini from my mom this year and got sick of stir frying and putting it in soups, etc. This was a wonderful alternative. I made this 3 or 4 times now and these pancakes are great every time. Even my mom now makes them (I think she overdid it on the zucchini planting this year ;-) The only change/addition I made is to add crushed garlic for even more flavor. Thanks again for a great one!