Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Okay so everyone does a vegetable pancake with potatoes, or onions, but how about this? A great and tasty accompanyment to any dish!
- 5 cups zucchini, shredded, ends trimmed (approx 4-5 zucchini)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large colander, toss shredded zucchini and salt. Place colander over a bowl or sink for 10-15 minutes to drain excess juices.
- After drained, squeeze any excess liquid from zucchini if possible.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and garlic. Add in flour, parmesan, onion, pepper and stir until flour is moist. Mixture will be very lumpy.
- Stir in drained zucchini until combined. Do not overmix batter.
- Preheat large non stick skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Spoon in zucchini batter to form 3 inch circles. Do not overcrowd pan, max 3-4 zucchini pancakes at a time!
- Cook 2-3 minutes until batter has set and flip pancake. Cook another 2-3 minutes until done. Pancakes should be nice and golden.
- Remove and place pancakes on baking sheet to cool to room temperature If you would like to serve these warm, you can preheat your oven to low and keep finished pancakes in oven while the reminder finish.
- Finish remainder of batter, serve warm or at room temperature with ranch, sour cream, hot sauce, etc.
- To freeze: place pancakes in layers divided by wax paper in freezer. To reheat: preheat oven to 425. Place frozen pancakes on greased baking sheet. Baked uncovered 8-10 minutes until hot and crisp.