Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe makes a fair amount of patties, but you won't have to worry about that, half will be gone before they even make it to the table lol! Yield is only estimated depending on the size of your patties. One small minced yellow onion can be replaced for the green onions. see Kittencal's Seasoned Dry Italian Breadcrumbs
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (more if needed)
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (can use more!)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup flour (may need more)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the shredded zucchini with you hands and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg and melted butter until well combined; add to the zucchini mixture.
- Add in the bread crumbs, onions, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine (if the mixture is too soft add in a small amount more bread crumbs or enough to hold the patties together) then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Shape the mixture into desired size patties.
- Place the 1 cup flour in a shallow dish then dredge/coat the patties with flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the patties on both sides until browned.