Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pancakes with a beautiful taste
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the vegetable oil, mixing well to combine. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- On a heated griddle or in a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil and ladle the batter into whatever size pancakes you like. When small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the edges begin to turn brown, flip them over and cook thoroughly on the other side.
- Serve with sour cream and chives, if desired.
I don't see a reason to add corn muffin mix to a zucchini pancake. Done right, they are pure and light and corn bread mix added a taste that just didn't belong
These do indeed have a lovely taste. Very easy to put together, very attractively golden with green highlights from the zucchini. My son was skeptical when he saw I was using zucchini, but he happily ate several of these beauties. My husband declared them the "best pancakes ever." Served them with sour cream, which was delicious. Thanks for sharing!