Recipe by NELady
From Foods with a Foriegn Flavor textbook, posted for ZWT5... Contributed by Betty G. Alexander, Norwalk, CA
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this & served it as part of a veggie meal for 4 of us, & it was a nice change from the frittatas & omlettes we sometimes have! I did make a few small changes in that I used only about 3 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil & used a red bell pepper instead of the green! Made for A VERY TASTY dish! Thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed while in Spain with ZWT5]
- 4 -5 medium zucchini
- 5 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini thin (easiest if use food processor).
- Place salad oil in heavy 10-inch oven-proof skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion, green pepper and parsley flakes.
- Cook until zucchini is lightly browned and wilted.
- Add tomato sauce, basil and oregano.
- Simmer over low heat until mixture is moist, but not soupy.
- Beat eggs; add milk, salt and pepper.
- Pout over hot zucchini mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat until eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika.
- Slip under broiler until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Cut in wedges and serve.