Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a family member. It really easy to make.
- 3⁄4 cup shredded zucchini
- nonstick spray coating
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 egg whites
- finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pat succhini dry between paper towels, set aside. Spray a 2 quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick coating, set dish aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and garlic salt. Beat in egg yolks and milk until smooth. Stir in zucchini, Parmesan cheese, carrot, sweet pepper and onion.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into batter, leavin in a few puffs of egg white. Do not overbeat. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, spreading to edges.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. To serve, cut into swaures. If desired, sprindle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Made this to include as part of the menu when my vegetarian son & DIL were here for supper & the 'pancake' was much enjoy by all of us! Colorful, satisfying, easy to prepare ~ Just all-around great! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]