Recipe by 4-H Mom
I got this recipe from a family member. It really easy to make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to include as part of the menu when my vegetarian son & DIL were here for supper & the 'pancake' was much enjoy by all of us! Colorful, satisfying, easy to prepare ~ Just all-around great! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 3⁄4 cup shredded zucchini
- nonstick spray coating
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 egg whites
- finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat succhini dry between paper towels, set aside. Spray a 2 quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick coating, set dish aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and garlic salt. Beat in egg yolks and milk until smooth. Stir in zucchini, Parmesan cheese, carrot, sweet pepper and onion.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into batter, leavin in a few puffs of egg white. Do not overbeat. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, spreading to edges.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. To serve, cut into swaures. If desired, sprindle with additional Parmesan cheese.