Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Veggies in rolls! =0 Just right! =) I found this recipe in a local cookbook. I haven't tried making these yet but I will as soon as my zucchini are ready.
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast or 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup zucchini, grated,squeezed and tightly packed,plus
- 1 tablespoon oil, to top dough while rising
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Combine with warm milk.
- Place oil, flour, salt and zucchini into a large bowl.
- Add liquid all at once and stir well.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead for 10 minutes.
- Top dough with 1 tbls.
- of oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead slightly.
- Shape into rolls, place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Let rise about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place rolls on a middle rack.
- Lower heat to 350F and bake for 20 minutes.
Loved how easy these are to make, how well they turn out or how awesome they taste. We split ours open used them as mini hamburger buns for mini turkey burgers. Squeezing the zucchini as much as possible is a must. I fallowed the privies review and sprinkled the little bit of extra zucchini over the dough just before rolling up and placing in the pan. Will be making these again, thanks so very much for the post.
Really yummy and moist rolls.
After preparing the dough I used some olive oil to spread it on the working surface. I added 2 extra tablespoon grated zucchini, rolled it and made rolls!
For this recipe it's very important to squeeze out the zucchiini juice especially if you are using big ones.
The recipe is very easy to follow and the result is great.
Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.