1/7 Photos of Zucchini Oven " Fries"
Chef PotPie's Note:
These are really good and have the added bonus of very little fat! We eat these often during the summer, sometimes in place of oven "fries" made with potatoes. You can add some cayenne pepper for a kick if you want. Give them a try and tell me what you think! EDIT!: Given some reviewers advice, I tried them again. 45 minutes was way too long for us, we just ended up with a crispy shell and no zucchini left. But 30 minutes was very good, keeping the taste of the zucchini, with one turn. The problem with the "flouriness" not cooking away, I've found that if you spray them VERY well with cooking spray it resolves this problem for me. I'm editing the recipe to reflect this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 3Trim zucchini and cut in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch wide sticks resembling french fries.
- 4Beat egg white with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 5Add zucchini sticks, tossing to evenly coat.
- 6In paper bag, thoroughly shake flour, cornstarch, salt, and garlic powder until combined.
- 7Drop in the zucchini sticks, 5 or so at a time, and shake gently to coat.
- 8Place all on baking sheet, spray all sides very well with cooking spray to moisten the flour, and bake about 30 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Oven " Fries"
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 329.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g