Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such a tasty and healthy snack, and so simple. Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light magazine, and a real "Keeper" in my family! Wonderful to dip in Ranch dressing too! The kids even ask for this as a snack!
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup dry Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for zucchini and milk in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Place milk in shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with Pam cooking spray. Place rack on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned and slightly crisp.
These came out so crispy and the breading was the perfect combo of crumbs and cheese. Made exactly as written and would not change a thing! Cooked for the full 30 minutes and they were excellent. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
What a tasty, healthy alternative to french fries! The breading has great flavor (I used gluten free bread crumbs and followed the rest of the recipe as is) but the flavor of the zucchini still shines through. To speed up the process, I think next time I might do a Shake & Bake type method, shaking the zucchini in a zip top bag to coat them all at once. Thank you so much for posting.
Oh sweet stacy, I made this for lunch and Just like your other recipe's I have tried, It was wonderful. Stacy I know you are with your mom and dad in heaven watching from above. YOU touched my heart and I won't ever forget you. Thank you sweet stacy for touching my life. I luv you *hugs*