Recipe by Suzyhomemaker
This is a yummy, sweet custard like pie. It is really nice for the holidays.
Top Review by :)Shirl(:
This was very easy to fix especially the way I did it. Used my large measuring cup for the squash (yellow did not peel it) and microwaved it with little to no water, drained, cooled then added all the other ingredients to the measuring cup and with my emersion blender zip-zap all smooth. I did not use a crust just pam'd a pie plate and poured it in. I cut the sugar in half and will either half it again or 3/4 a cup, I'm thinking that brown sugar might be good in it too. Wondering if you could use this to make that pumpkin dessert with the cake and butter. I found this delicious and will diffently make it again.
- 2 cups peeled and chopped zucchini or 2 cups yellow squash
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 9 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook zucchini in water until tender.
- Drain then put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Drain zucchini.
- Blend zucchini, evaporated milk, white sugar, egg, butter, flour, vanilla together.
- Pulsing until creamy.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 325 for 65 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.