Recipe by Connie51
This is different from your usual squash recipe.A friend of mine brought it to a pot luck dinner 15 years ago and it has been a family favorite since then.
Top Review by bears-n-beagles
This recipe is excellent!! We altered it by using (2) 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes with garlic and onions. We found by using two cans instead of one it turned out more moist. We definitely recommend this recipe. It has become one of our favorites!!!!
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in 1/2 in cubes
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini or 4 small yellow squash
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 slices bread, toasted and cut in small cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions&bell pepper in margarine for 5 minutes,add squash that has been sliced and cubed.
- Saute 5 min more,add tomatoes, (break up whole tomatoes) cook 5 more minutes.
- Add bread cubes and seasonings.
- Put in 2 quart casserole,sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.