Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a very good side-dish that will use up much of your garden's zucchini in a delicious way.
Top Review by Sharon123
I halved this recipe and used saltine cracker crumbs instead of bread crumbs. I did bake it a little longer than called for, I don't think I chopped up my vegs. fine enough. Thanks for a yummy dinner. I served this with Creamy Corn in the Crockpot and Teriyaki Salmon.
- 8 cups diced zucchini or 8 cups diced squash
- 1 large green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled