Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very good side-dish that will use up much of your garden's zucchini in a delicious way.
- 8 cups diced zucchini or 8 cups diced squash
- 1 large green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a baking dish that you have first brushed with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is browned lightly.
I halved this recipe and used saltine cracker crumbs instead of bread crumbs. I did bake it a little longer than called for, I don't think I chopped up my vegs. fine enough. Thanks for a yummy dinner. I served this with Creamy Corn in the Crockpot and Teriyaki Salmon.
Excellent!!! We had this as a main dish today. It was very tasty. We will definitely try it again.....we have a zucchini explosion in our garden.... God Bless
A very nice dish. The flavor was mild and cheesy, and the presentation was lovely too. I halved the recipe, and used smaller peppers and onion. For a change next time I might add a little pepper flakes, but this dish really doesn't need it. Thanks, Evelyn for sharing your recipe.