Recipe by Sharlene~W
Zucchini cake and lemon frosting--a marriage made in heaven.
Top Review by Engrossed
This turned out very tasty but dry. I don't know if it was because I used carrots or if it was my oven...I did increase the milk to the 1/3 cup. I really love the spices and the raisins (I used golden). I had to add extra lemon juice to the frosting to make it the right consistency and it turned out very nice with the cake but I think a lemon cream cheese frosting would be even better. I'll try this again with zucchini and some added applesauce and a cream cheese frosting. Made for Holiday Tag.
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 cups zucchini or 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1⁄4 cup milk (use 1/3 cup if making carrot version)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 9-inch pan.
- Blend all cake ingredients except raisins on low speed for 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until tests done.
- For frosting, beat all frosting ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost when cake is fully cooled.
- Keep refrigerated.