Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Midsummer vegetables are a delight sauteed with herbs and lots of Mozzarella cheese. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- in 10" skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- add remaining ingredients, except tomato and cheese.
- continue cooking stirring occasionally until zucchini is crispy tender.
- add tomato wedges, sprinkle with cheese.
- cover, let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was a hit..very delicious and easy! Made this for company last night and it went fast. I used fresh basil and oregano and followed the instructions. This will be wonderful when the fresh garden zucchini and tomatoes are on. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 214.
Simple and delicious, this was very good way to enjoy assorted green squash and zucchini! I did have to use dried oregano, but the herb flavours are there, the vegetables were crisp, and I loved the mozzarella melted over! A great keeper, thank you for this one, daisygirl! Made for Edition 9, Aus/Nz tag games.
wow this is so yummy and easy. I really liked the cheese on top. I used only fresh basil but used near 6 basil leaves. I did half recipe but used 1 medium onion. Thanks Daisy :) Made for Photo tag