Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is on my 'to try' list this summer because we have 3 VERY prolific zucchini plants this year!
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups sliced zucchini (sliced 1/8-inch thick)
- 1 cup sliced onion (sliced 1/8-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add all ingredients, except cheese and tomato wedges.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is crisp-tender. (approx. 7-10 minutes.).
- Add tomato wedges; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
This is a delightful dish as is. I think I will try Lori Mama's suggestion and use some canned diced tomatoes next time for a change. Thank you for sharing it.
Very nice flavor. The only thing I had to change was the tomato. They were less then flavorful fresh here at our local store, so I opted to use a small can of diced Italian tomatoes and I think I actually prefer it to the fresh. :)
Simple & Scrumptious