Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I wrinkled my nose at this in the beginning, then raised my eyebrows at how filling it was! It was a comfortable warm-down after a morning running around on tired feet. This will cook fast, so it's advised to wait until everything has been diced and shredded before you begin.
- 1 cup onion
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pinch oregano or 1 pinch basil (or both)
- 2 -3 grated fresh zucchini
- Grate zucchini (larger bits gives a more satisfying texture when finished).
- Dice onion (s).
- Over medium heat (gas 2) melt butter in frying pan.
- Add the onion to pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shredded zucchini and mix well with the onions.
- Toss in your salt/pepper/other spices.
- Sauté mixture until zucchini is slightly limp (3-4 minutes).
- Lastly, put in the sour cream and mix it in well.
- Reduce the heat and cook either for 1 minute or until the sour cream is warm.
- Serve immediately!
Made this as a side dish tonight and my DH and I just didn't like it. We thought it might have been better served cold, like a slaw instead of warm off the stove... but as it was, it just didn't fit with our tastes...
Dgd and I made this today, she is six and loved it, which surprised me, then dd came in and loved it too. Dd took home the leftovers and took the recipe too. Thanks etak, I was overrun with zucchini and glad to find a new recipe.