Recipe by Da Huz
A simple French country recipe adapted from "The Essential Mediterranean Cookbook" published by Borders. Note: use smaller zucchinis, they tend to taste better.
- 2 ounces butter
- 8 ounces zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a 9" non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the zucchini 8 minutes over moderate heat.
- When zucchini is golden, add basil, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking 30 seconds, stirring to combine. Then remove to a plate, leaving as much butter in the pan as possible.
- Add the eggs to the pan and continue cooking on medium heat. As edges begin to set, tease with a spatula to ensure they do not stick.
- When the bottom layer is set throughout, shake pan to ensure it does not stick and reduce heat to low.
- When the egg is almost set but still runny on top, add zucchini on one half and fold the other half on top.
- Serve hot, or if you don't like runny eggs cook a few minutes, then flip and cook another few minutes.