Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 large egg whites
- egg substitute (equal to three eggs)
- 1⁄8 cup lite evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large nonstick skillet over high heat, saute onion and zucchini in broth for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour excess broth off vegetables and set vegetables aside in skillet.
- In blender, mix egg whites, egg substitutes, milk and spices on high for 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and return to heat.
- Cook on low until eggs set to your liking.
- Serve with whole wheat toast and fruit preserves.
An easy simple breakfast for those paying attention to fat and/or calories. The zucchini is tender and moist from the broth cooking. I whipped my whites a bit before adding, the egg substitute, milk and spices. 1 WW point per serving. Thanks Dancer.