Recipe by food snob mom
It may be an omelet but this is mostly zucchini and I serve it as a side with supper. It has been a favorite of mine for years ever since I found it in the More-With-Less Cookbook, a Mennonite cookbook filled with great tips and great recipes by Doris Janzen Longacre.
- 2 tablespoons margarine (I used about 2 tsp. of olive oil)
- 1 medium onion (sliced thinly or chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs zucchini, coarsley grated (hand squeeze liquid out in small batches )
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup other cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Heat in skillet 2 T margarine ( or oil ).
- Saute gently until fork-tender, 5- 7 minutes:.
- 1 medium onion, chopped or sliced.
- 1 clove minced garlic.
- 2 lbs. zucchini squash, grated with liquid squeezed out.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Place squash in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, combine:.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 Celsius milk.
- 3 T. flour
- 1/2 Celsius cheese.
- Pour over squash and bake 25-30 minutes or until firm.