Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion, and tomato; saute 2-3 minutes or just until tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Combine eggs, water, remaining salt, basil, celery salt, and remaining pepper; mix well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch skillet until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water; pour in egg mixture.
- As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet, and tilt pan to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When the mixture is set and no longer flows freely, sprinkle zucchini mixture on half of omelet and cheese on remaining half.
- Fold omelet in half, and place on a warm platter.
This was just wonderful. This was our supper the other night. Very filling and delicious. Nicely seasoned and chock full of veggies. I served this with salad and fresh fruit. Made for a lovely meal. Thanks Nurse Di for a great omelet recipe.
Umm Umm good!! This was so delicious. We just loved that this is full of fresh vegetables. Also the flavor of basil and celery salt. Made this for supper and served with a green salad. Very filling. Another Nurse Di exceptional recipe. Thanks.
This made a very tasty lunch. I ended up with a lot more zucchini and tomatoes and then doubled the cheese. It was lovely served with a salad. Thanks!