Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by PixieDust
This was just wonderful. This was our supper the other night. Very filling and delicious. Nicely seasoned and chock full of veggies. I served this with salad and fresh fruit. Made for a lovely meal. Thanks Nurse Di for a great omelet recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion, and tomato; saute 2-3 minutes or just until tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Combine eggs, water, remaining salt, basil, celery salt, and remaining pepper; mix well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch skillet until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water; pour in egg mixture.
- As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet, and tilt pan to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When the mixture is set and no longer flows freely, sprinkle zucchini mixture on half of omelet and cheese on remaining half.
- Fold omelet in half, and place on a warm platter.