Fresh zucchini, cheeses, olive tapenade and roasted tomatoes over spinach pasta is a great flavor and not hard and very fresh flavors. If you wanted ...you could add some meat to the tomato sauce but I like it as is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 zucchini (large and thin sliced in planks, skin on)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8-1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb spinach pasta (cooked accordingly to directions)
- 28 ounces tomatoes, roasted and diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, chopped
- 1 onion (small chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (1 to saute the vegetables, 1 to saute the rolls)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, for the sauce
- 1/4 ground black pepper, for the sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (as a garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1Cheese filling -- In a small bowl mix the ricotta, the mozzarella, parmesan and pepper.
- 2Sauce -- In another pot on the stove add a little olive oil, garlic mushrooms and cook 4-5 minutes until soft and then add the tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and just simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 3Zucchini -- Just wrap in a wet paper towel and cook 30-45 seconds on medium high heat, just until plyable or easy to roll. Remove and let cool slightly.
- 4Roll up -- Make the rolls, spread a little of the olive tapenade of each zucchini plank and then top with the cheese mix and roll up. Put a tooth pick in to hold them together. Now in a medium sized oven proof saute pan, add a little olive oil and cook until golden brown. Transfer to a 325 degree oven to keep warm as you cook the pasta.
- 5Pasta -- Make the pasta according to directions. Once cooked drain and plate. Top with 2-3 rolls per plate, some of the mushroom tomato sauce and garnish with fresh basil and parmesan. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Olive, Ricotta Rolls, Spinach Pasta and Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 477.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground black pepper