Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this healthy zucchini oatmeal cookie. Recipe from Rachel Keller.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup all refined flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cream together the shortening and honey.
- Then add the egg and beat well.
- Stir together baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add this mixture alternately with the zucchini to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Great recipe! It was a hit at a mom's group picnic that I went to recently. I added 1 c. of chocolate chips, and increased the quantities of Zucchini, Oatmeal, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg.
I wish I could give this 4 stars, but I found these somewhat lacking in flavor. I doubled the cinmamon, added 1/2 t allspice & 1/2 t nutmeg, per others suggestions. I also doubled the zucchini, added some chopped pecans & more like 1 1/2 c of rasins. I'm fine with the "not too sweet", but the resulting cookies were spongy in texture and a bit bland for my taste. Sorry
I doubled the zucchini, eliminated the shortening, only used the egg white, and used allspice instead of nutmeg.