Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Perfect to go with your St. patricks day celebration or just for fun. I sometimes add raisins instead of the Chocolate chips.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in the egg and vanilla, mix well, then stir in the shredded zucchini. Sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, stir into the zucchini mixture. Finally, stir in the oats, and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough from a teaspoon onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies will stay soft and moist because of the zucchini.
These lofty, moist cookies were better than expected. I was aked for the recipe when I shared the cookies with our mail carrier!