Cook1 hr 15 mins
Yummy zucchini bread made a little more healthy with the addition of oatmeal. This makes a very moist and healthy bread! Prep time does not include the cooling time after cooking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl; beat with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.