Cook1 hr 15 mins
Yummy zucchini bread made a little more healthy with the addition of oatmeal. This makes a very moist and healthy bread! Prep time does not include the cooling time after cooking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl; beat with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
The oats are clearly major factors in the excellent flavour and texture of this bread. As usual, I reduced the sugar since we prefer less-sweet cakes, and I think next time I might reduce it even further. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Delicious, and a great way to help use up some of the summer zucchini that the landlord had given us. I wasn't sure how well this would bake up because of the amount of zucchini in comparison to the amount of flour, but it rose beautifully. Perfect toasted with a bit of apple butter or cream cheese, too! Thanks for posting! Made by a fellow Honey for ZWT8
A fabulous zucchini bread that packs a lot of flavor. It produces a nice, large loaf that is cinnnamon-y goodness. I made this exactly as posted, and was rewarded with a wonderful treat. Made for ZWT 8.