Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Yummy zucchini bread made a little more healthy with the addition of oatmeal. This makes a very moist and healthy bread! Prep time does not include the cooling time after cooking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl; beat with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Great zucchini bread!! I made this as written, but I made 12 muffins and a mini loaf. DD was here for a few days and took several of the muffins home with her. I also made a homemade whipped cream cheese , that I added some cinnamon and a touch of sugar, that I spread on the muffins for breakfast, yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "FYC"" tag game.
The oats are clearly major factors in the excellent flavour and texture of this bread. As usual, I reduced the sugar since we prefer less-sweet cakes, and I think next time I might reduce it even further. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Delicious, and a great way to help use up some of the summer zucchini that the landlord had given us. I wasn't sure how well this would bake up because of the amount of zucchini in comparison to the amount of flour, but it rose beautifully. Perfect toasted with a bit of apple butter or cream cheese, too! Thanks for posting! Made by a fellow Honey for ZWT8