Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
My family enjoys these bars, I make them often with my garden zucchini in the fall season, the frosting makes a lot you can reduce to half if desired :)
Top Review by cherylbarcelona
I had a few zucchini in my refrigerator and I came across this recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe calls for. I have to say going into the oven it didn't look very good, but oh does this taste yummy!!! My daughter didn't think she was going to like it, but she loves it! Thank you for sharing!!
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs oil, vanilla and sugar until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt baking powder, baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture into the oil/egg mixture and blend well to combine (about 2 minutes).
- Fold in zucchini, carrots, oats and nuts; blend well to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- To make frosting: Mix/beat all ingredients together until smooth, adding more confectioners sugar to achieve desired consistancy to spread.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Cut into bars.