Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From a magazine-a little healther than the recipe I grew up with that had oil in it. You can add 1 cup chopped walnuts and or 3/4 cup raisins if you would like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, measured after shredding with skin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a bread pan with nonstick spray. Combine 1 T sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until foamy, applesauce, butter and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in the zucchini by hand. Pour the mixture into two loaf pans, sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before serving.
First try on this recipe is now in oven. What size bread pan did you use? I have a 9-1/2 X 5 pan and mixture came to very top of pan. Had to put some in a smaller (6-1/2 X 4 X 2) pan. You also need to re=read your recipe. You list zucchini as an ingredient but do not mention it in the instructions, applesauce is spelled incorrectly and the sentence is not really complete. Check item 3 to see to what I am referring. To a new cook, this is an easy recipe to use but could be confusing with the errors. Otherwise, I think this is going to be a good bread. We have been given enough zucchini to last all winter(shredded and stored in freezer) so I am always looking for new recipes.
Extremely tasty! I was shy just a bit of applesauce so I filled the rest of the cup with oil. I also use a mix of white & brown flours and a mix of sugar & Splenda. I accidently left the topping off, but even without it, the bread was delicious!