1/3 Photos of Zucchini-Oat Bread
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This is an exceptional bread. Made with applesauce instead of oil makes it a healthier version and still has the same taste. Found in my Mother-In-Laws old recipes ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2After shredding zucchini, be sure to drain excess liquid. I do this in my hand or in a strainer.
- 3Combine 1 tablespoon of the sugar and 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon; set aside.
- 4Combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with electic mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until foamy.
- 6Add remaining sugar, the applesauce, butter and vanilla. Greadually add the flour mixture.
- 7Beating on low speed just until combined, stir in zucchini, and nuts. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- 8Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store several hours before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Oat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 191.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g