Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A moist and flavorful bread that's as healthy as it is delicious. Personally I think it turned out to have the perfect amount of sweetness, but if you have a real sweet tooth feel free to add more sugar or honey. This is a great way to use up extra zucchini if you have too many, or if you don't have zucchini, you can substitute carrots and make carrot bread instead.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the oats, flour, sugar, salt, soda, and spices.
- Shred the zucchinis in a food processor or by hand.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and honey to the zucchini and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Mix in walnuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour the batter into 3 small greased loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Made your recipe as given, including the nuts & raisins, as well as some homemade applesauce that I had on hand, & we had a very nice treat with this bread (as did a couple of neighbors)! A log of ingredients to go through, but the resulting, flavorful bread is well worth it! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
I'm not rating this because I changed it so much, but it still turned out nice! I used a combo of oat flour, oat bran & whole wheat flour. I skipped the honey & used Splenda sugars; also added some raisins. I baked them as muffins at 350 for 25 min. I made these for a friend & they smelled nice & looked moist so I hope she likes them! Thank u for sharing.