Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A summertime favorite of ours and a good way to use up zucchini.
- 4 cups diced zucchini (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Combine zucchini, nuts and onions.
- Just before serving toss with parmesan cheese and just enough dressing to moisten.
- Garnish with bacon.
DBF liked this, but I felt a little apathetic toward it. Not sure why, though, because I like all the parts. I used less dressing. I added it one tbsp. at a time until the salad was coated lightly. I think I only used about 6 tbsp. Maybe if I added more dressing next time... Anyway, I added a little extra turkey bacon in order to make it a more substantial meal instead of a side dish. I will be trying this again to see if I can tweak it to like it more. Maybe subbing cashews instead of the pecans, because I find pecans sweet and I think that may be what was throwing me off.