Recipe by Karen Anne Newton RN
These muffins are delightfully moist, and bursting with flavor. But be warned, they are sinfully addictive !
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini, unpeeled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour (not self-rising)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini.
- Combine dry ingredients, and stir gently into liquid ingredients until moist.
- Gently stir in nuts.
- Do NOT over stir, or the muffins will be dry.
- Spoon into muffin pan lined with muffin cups. (There will be less sticking to the muffin cups if you will use the foil ones.).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Makes 24 muffins.
- They are delicious as is with no icing.
- After they have completely cooled, you may wrap some,or all of them individually with plastic wrap, and freeze for later use.