Rutecki Family's Note:
This was the original recipe that taught me to love zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- reserve 1/4 cup for nuts and raisins
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ
- 1 cup sliced pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Soak zucchini for an hour in ice water; dry and grate un-peeled.
- 2In a large bowl beat eggs on high speed until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar and oil.
- 3Spoon flour into cup for measuring.
- 4Sift into another bowl 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- 5On low speed add dry ingredients to egg mixture along with wheat germ, alternate with zucchini.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Spoon batter into two greased and lightly floured loaf pans lined with waxed paper.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven on middle shelf for 55-60 minutes or until bread tests done.
- 9Cool in pans for 10 minutes and turn out on wire racks.
- 10Serve hot or cold. Keeps well both refrigerated and frozen.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 263.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g