Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This is a great way to serve zucchini as a side dish, or you can add some chicken for a main dish. It calls for cream of celery soup, but you can experiment with other soups such as cream of chicken or some of the southwest cream flavor soups Campbell's has now.
Top Review by pedspeech
This was an unusual way to use some of my zucchini excess. Nobody else in my house would give it a shot (because it was out of the ordinary). I thought it was okay but probably won't remake it because it is a lot for one person to consume. Sorry- may be a better recipe for someone whose family is more adventurous (or veggie-loving). Thanks for a different type of recipe.
- 4 -5 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili peppers (canned or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed (or tortillia chips)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 2-quart casserole dish or deep pie dish with Pam spray.
- Slice enough Zucchini to fill the dish, about 4-5 cups.
- In a sauce pan sauté 1 medium onion in butter. When onions are clear, place them on top of the zucchini.
- Next, place the two tablespoons of chilis on top of the onion.
- Put the cream of celery soup (or soup of your choice) in a small bowl. In same bowl, place the grated cheese and mix together.
- Spread the soup/cheese mixture on top of the zucchini.
- Place in preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, covered with foil.
- Uncover the last 5 minutes and add the coarsely crushed Doritos on top. (the 2 cups of Doritos will crush down to about 1 cup). Be careful to not let the Doritos burn on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes and serve.