1/3 Photos of Zucchini, Mushroom, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad
A very light salad as a side dish. A pleasant variation from the various tomato salads, and another way to make use of the ever-present zucchinis! (Baby marrows to us).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 mushrooms, brown, open
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped and crushed
- 4 -8 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 -3 zucchini (about 5 inches each)
- 1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, halved
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces arugula (or any lettuce, or use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon juice, may use more to taste)
- 1Heat your oven grill to high. Put the cleaned mushrooms cap side down on an oven tin. Sprinkle seasoning salt and garlic into each mushroom hollow, and add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil to each cap.
- 2Grill about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms just start shrinking. They should only be parcooked, not cooked through and shrunk. Remove from oven, carefully, to save the juices which have formed in the hollows of the caps.
- 3While mushrooms grill, cut the zucchini into thin strips with a potato peeler or mandolin.
- 4Make a bed of arugula or other lettuce in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- 5Slice the mushrooms and put in another bowl WITH the juices which have formed. This is important!
- 6Add the zucchini slices, spring onions, walnuts and blue cheese. Season with black pepper, add the lime juice, and toss. Taste the "dressing" -- you might want more lime or lemon juice for a tang.
- 7Add to the bed of arugula or lettuce.
- 8More salt might be needed: that depends on taste.
- 9* You might want to add more blue cheese: I did not measure and merely crumbled in a large chunk. You could use more zucchini too, if you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Mushroom, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 208.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: