Recipe by Lennie
An easy, tasty side dish for those who like zucchini. Do baked chicken pieces and baked potatoes, and dinner's all in the oven at once!
- 4 cups cubed zucchini (, do not peel)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- freshly grated black pepper, , to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, , divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, , divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a greased casserole dish, combine first 7 ingredients, then stir in 1 cup each of the shredded cheeses.
- Smooth top as best you can, then sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 cups of cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes; be careful not to bake too long or the zucchini goes mushy.