Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, tasty side dish for those who like zucchini. Do baked chicken pieces and baked potatoes, and dinner's all in the oven at once!
- 4 cups cubed zucchini (, do not peel)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- freshly grated black pepper, , to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, , divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese, , divided
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a greased casserole dish, combine first 7 ingredients, then stir in 1 cup each of the shredded cheeses.
- Smooth top as best you can, then sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 cups of cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes; be careful not to bake too long or the zucchini goes mushy.
As a Zucchini and Mushroom lover this was a perfect dish. The spices and cheeses compliment the veggies perfectly!!!!! Easy preperation was also a plus!!!
This will be a definite favourite for us, love the one dish and all the vegetables. The cheeses and the mushrooms were all that my carnivore son ate, but hey thats a definite plus! Looks really good too.
First, I have to say that I really loved this. The presentation is spectacular, with all those beautiful colors. It also really brought out the taste of those wonderful veggies. However, because it does bring out those flavors instead of hiding them, I didn't get rave reviews from the rest of the family. If you like these wonderful late summer veggies, this is for you.