Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Worthingham Family. Stolen from a blogger.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until onions are clear. Add zucchini and cook until it is crisp-tender. Drain excess water from the skillet.
- Add mozzarella cheese and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and add 1 jar spaghetti sauce to pasta.
- Serve pasta topped with veggie mix.
- I often make this recipe as three separate pieces -- pasta, veggies and cheese, and let each of us assemble our own. In addition, I also will marinade a chicken breast in Italian salad dressing and then cook it up in strips or cubes and add to this delicious goodness.
I used marinara sauce. This pasta dish is very good. DH liked that a lot. Thanks Chef Lulu :) Made for PAC Fall 2012
This is a fair recipe. For beginners it would be nice to be clear if the mozzarlella cheese should be grated or diced/cubed.
I made it without the tomato sauce but added a little chicken broth/stock and white wine.
I did not put the cheese in the skilet with the veggies I mixed it in the hot pasta then added the veggies.
This is a great recipe & a great change from "normal" pasta! I used whole wheat spaghetti (all I had!), low fat mozzarella & added Italian spices to the sauce for more flavor. I kicked up the pasta with some light butter, Parmesan cheese & garlic powder as well. I used sliced zucchini since that was all I had on hand, and after putting the dish together, I placed it in the oven for about 10 min to heat it through & melt the cheese (didn't melt it on the veggies as instructed; I let the oven do the work!). It was delicious & a great way to use up some veggies. Thanks for sharing!!