- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until onions are clear. Add zucchini and cook until it is crisp-tender. Drain excess water from the skillet.
- Add mozzarella cheese and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and add 1 jar spaghetti sauce to pasta.
- Serve pasta topped with veggie mix.
- I often make this recipe as three separate pieces -- pasta, veggies and cheese, and let each of us assemble our own. In addition, I also will marinade a chicken breast in Italian salad dressing and then cook it up in strips or cubes and add to this delicious goodness.