Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Boot Camp Girl
Wow! This was amazingly tasty. My daughter made this for a pre-race dinner prior to the San Fran Women's Nike Half Marathon. I made a meaty version for the meat lovers but this veggie version was gone first! It was absolutely delicious. We served it over steamed spaghetti quash for those that wanted a healthier low-glycemic meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced trimmed zucchini (1 1/2 inch dice)
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb penne, cooked al dente and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a wide saucepan; add in onion; stir/saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and mushrooms; saute over high heat, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes; cook/stir 5 minutes.
- Add in salt, parsley, and basil.
- Toss hot pasta with the sauce; serve immediately; sprinkle grated parmesan on top.