Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
from the food tv network, these are delicious, and good for you too.
- 59.16 ml wheat bran
- 354.88 ml soy flour, plus
- 29.58 ml soy flour
- 118.29 ml zucchini, small diced with skin on
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml club soda
- 78.07 ml sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together 4 tablespoons wheat bran and 2 tablespoons soy flour and sprinkle it evenly over each of the 12 cups of the muffin pan.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until completely blended.
- Fill each muffin cup only 2/3 of the way with the mix, leaving room for them to rise, and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops start to brown.
- The muffins are done when lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool before taking out of the pan.
I saw the show where these muffins were show-cased. The chef said that if you wanted to make them wheat-free (not gluten-free) you could substitue oat bran for the wheat bran. I did these and they were very good.
These were good, the kids ate a bit and I shredded the zucchini instead of dicing to "hide" it better. I used milk instead of heavy cream.