Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Multi purpose Zucchini recipe. Great for muffins, cookies and bread.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, zucchini and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Put this into greased muffin tins, greased loaf pans or drop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 8-10 min 370*, bread and muffins add a little time.
- Bake till golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Tried it as a cookie & bread recipe. Works better for a cake-like cookie (we added cranberries & chocolate chips to it, yum!). The bread needed to be in the oven for an almost an hour at 350 which made it a bit dry.
Wonderful! I cut the sugar and vanilla in half and nixed the cinnamon to have muffins to go with dinner, and they turned out fantastic!