Recipe by ellie_
Great way to use up some of your garden zucchini. This recipe makes a lot of muffins. Adapted from Bon Appetit (September, 1982).
Top Review by sharon.drake
These are so incredible and sooooo addictive. They are the perfect amount of sweet without going overboard. Very moist, too!! I sprinkled a touch of brown sugar on top of each one before baking and it gave the top a sweet crunch.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour- cinnamon).
- Combine sugar and eggs in large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add oil, beating for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Stir in walnuts and raisins, if using.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and stir until batter is moistened.
- Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until muffins are browned.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before turning muffins onto cooling racks to finish cooling.