Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great way to use up some of your garden zucchini. This recipe makes a lot of muffins. Adapted from Bon Appetit (September, 1982).
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour- cinnamon).
- Combine sugar and eggs in large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add oil, beating for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Stir in walnuts and raisins, if using.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and stir until batter is moistened.
- Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until muffins are browned.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before turning muffins onto cooling racks to finish cooling.
These are so incredible and sooooo addictive. They are the perfect amount of sweet without going overboard. Very moist, too!! I sprinkled a touch of brown sugar on top of each one before baking and it gave the top a sweet crunch.
Lightened up this recipe with egg beaters and applesauce instead of oil. Super yummy! A little on the sweet side, will probably lower sugar amount next time. Read reviews ahead of time so I added a little extra cinnamon.
Nice and light. As previously reviewed, I left out the raisins. I also think it could use a little more cinnamon.